Friday, January 22, 2010

I'll never get out of this world alive

Oh, hey.
I haven't written in a while because I was very busy last week. And this week has been a bit rough. Last Monday I was fortunate enough to get a call to work on a Latin American McDonald's commercial, decorating. That is fortunate because it is a very lucrative endeavor, and also nets me some tasty union days. It was unfortunate because there was a severe language barrier between my boss and the directors and it was a very confusing job with crazy indecision, last minute mind changing, and exploding budgets which all add up to a stressful experience. Also, this week I was in a slight fender bender but even tough it wasn't my fault I hit someone and now they are claiming injury. More stress! Also, and this is the big one, I can't find my lovely, vintage, lacking-in-diamonds-but-heavy-in-sentimentality engagement ring. I left it on the kitchen table three nights ago and I think my shitty shitty cat thwapped it off the table and played with it until it was lost under one of our barely-functioning appliances.
Also, in case you don't live in Los Angeles, its been pouring this week. I know, I know, the rest of the country is under five feet of dirty frozen sludge and pipes are freezing all over the place and and you can't shut your eyes because eyelashes are dripping with icicles and if you close them your eyeballs will be impaled but LA is simply not equipped to handle any kind of precipitation at all. Seriously. What results is severe flooding on highways, triple the amount of car accidents, fatal mudslides and all the roofs leak because roofers are so rarely challenged. So, its raining inside my house, our heater is broken, our washing machine is barely functioning, our (already) insane auto insurance is going to go up and I can't find my goddamn ring. Oh, and I still hate our cat. She peed on our brand new couch too.
I swear I love animals so much but that cat has got to go.

1 comment:

  1. This city's reaction to weather never ceases to amaze me, and I've lived here my whole life. Although, in our defense, the city-wide hail and the tornado in Huntington Beach a couple of days ago were very interesting. Oh, and Auntie Em's? They're great caterers, too. Plus, my husband always makes me buy him a cupcake whenever I'm in Eagle Rock. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete